All Vision Monitor systems are equipped with an eye tracker that can be used to record eye movements and pupillary responses.
Metrovision's eye tracker allows in real time and simultaneously
• the analysis of the video and extraction of the positions of the pupils and of a reflective dot placed on the subject's forehead,
• the display of the horizontal and vertical positions of both eyes,
• the display and storage of the video in compressed mode
The standard version has a 30 Hz sampling rate. However, for a detailed analysis of eye movements, the 200 Hz option is recommended.
The clinical applications of this eye tracker are numerous:
• the control of fixation and of pupil size during visual field exams
• the measurement of the pupil diameter under different levels of luminance and the study of pupillary responses to visual stimulations
• the evaluation of eye movements during fixations, saccades, pursuits and optokinetic nystagmus
• the scan path analysis during reading and the exploration of visual scenes