The standard static perimetry procedures include full threshold as well as fast threshold algorithms.
Two series of test grids are proposed :
The STAT tests use the conventional grids of test points, with a constant spacing between points.
The FAST tests (Fiber Adapted Static Testing Perimetry) use a distribution of points optimized
as a function of the most frequent alterations of the retina and optic nerve.
Test points chosen on the basis of physiology and pathology provide more useful information in less time.
Modern graphic technology facilitates the interpretation of the visual field
The standard report for SAP includes:
• a modern graphic display combining the position and values of measurements with a true grey scale map
• a 3D representaiton for a better understanding of the topography of the field
• a statistical analysis with comparison with normative data
• global indexes (mean defect, ..) as well as informaiton about the reliability of test (fixation errors, attention errors)
The follow-up program generates a list of all perimetry exams performed on the same eye of the same patient.
It shows the evolution of the global indexes over time (mean deficit and corrected mean deficit).
It also displays the evolution velocity map indicating with a color code the rate of evolution of the different locations of the field.
The evolution velocity map allows to distinguish between evolution due to glaucoma, cataract and ARMD processes
Goldmann perimetry is still useful in the 21st century
Goldmann perimetry still has several important clinical applications:
• for the patients who cannot reliably perform automated perimetry .
• for severely altered visual fields, it is much faster and efficient than SAP
• for the confirmation of deficits found in automated perimetry
Goldmann perimetry is entirely controled "manually" with the computer mouse.
The operator can select the Goldmann stimulus parameters, control the stimulation presentation and draw the isopters.
Goldmann perimetry is available on all Metrovision's visual field instruments: MonCvONE, MonCv3 and MonPackONE.
Attraction perimetry allows testing the visual field in young children
This technique uses the eye movement response of the child. The operator controls the presentation
of visual stimuli in the periphery and uses the high quality video to detect the orientation
response of the child.
Micro perimetry allows the comparison of the visual field with the eye fundus or OCT
Just download the eye fundus or OCT image before starting the exam.
Click on the fovea and papilla positions for calibation... and the visual field exam
can be realized with the eye fundus image on the background.
Motion perimetry is specific of the magnocellular system and quite insensitive to optical alterations
The test relies on the measurement of the displacement threshold of a small bar.
The realization of the test is quite similar to SAP perimetry: the patient responds as soon as movement is perceived in the visual field.
This test present two advantages:
• it is specific of the magnocellular system which is first affected at the early stage of glaucoma
• it is quite insensitive to refractive errors and early opacities of ocular media
Motion perimetry is available on the MonCv3 and MonpackONE systems.